Five things to know about C-Section recovery:
- Recovery is hard. It takes time. Give yourself grace & ask for help.
- Get up and walk as soon as your nurse allows you. Even if it’s just a few steps. It will feel weird but it will help in the long run.
- Belly band is your new BFF!
- Don’t compare yourself to others. Yes, you may see other mamas wearing jeans 2 weeks PP and wonder HOW that’s even possible. Remember everyone is different.
- Don’t be discouraged that you have a tummy pouch/shelf & you are not your pre-pregnancy size. Remember it took 9 months to make & carry a baby. Your body is incredible!
Remember this: you are a BADASS! Epidural, Catheter, Stomach cut open, Organs taken out, and a scar left behind to remind you how you birthed your babies. It might not have been what you planned for but a c section is still a birth!
(written by Lisa)
There are no comments for this article. Be the first one to leave a message!